Rockers and Hub done!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I couldnt find the exact color match paint so i will just leave it black for now until my uncle paints the entire truck next year. Here are the "progress pics" i forgot the real camera so these will have to suffice and i will take better pics soon!

You must be registered for see images attach

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still need to paint the vent visor things but ran out of time....

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh wow you just posted this. Paint the vent visors or something that chrome has GOT to go! I love the rockers though. I honestly liked it best in the first couple pics with smooth paint IMO but the black looks good but it's trippy in the pic since it's kind of blurred but it looks like you have a huge frame lol What did you use on the rockers? Can you get a close up? Is it smooth or real rough texture? If it's smooth I would like to do the same with mine soo lemme know! Looks killer James

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it looks good in the pics without the black rocker guard but up close the chrome rockers took alot of paint with them... it will look alot better all one color, just one thing at a time for now. The chrome visors are going trust me lol, they look evem more out of place now. The finish isnt really rough but def not smooth as paint. its just regular rocker guard but we sprayed it through a quartz gun. Ill take some better pics today. im thinking about taking the steps off as well, we will see.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:hmm: rocker guard u say where can I purchase this? I don't have a spray gun but do they sell it in a rattle can or some other form?? It sounds just like what I wanted.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any automotive parts store should carry it, brand name is "Pro Form" very popular among body/paint shops.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Why not take the black up to the body line?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay how is it typically applied other than with a paint gun since I ain't got one?

RockGuard comes in two variations. rattle can and non aerosol. You could pick up a can of the rattle can and go that route. This stuff isn't applied with a regular spray gun, its designed to prevent stone chips etc.

An James, Truck looks great! Will look even better without the chrome vent visors!