Roadside Repair Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Working on building a kit but so far...
In the back, torque wrench with 5'' bar and 19mm socket. Air at the proper pressure in the spare. Under the passenger side floor mat a 10mm ratchet spanner in case the battery ever has to be disconnected pronto.

In the box by the rear seat where the jack is, coveralls, gloves, 3/8'' T-bar and spare belt, hose clips and 7mm ring spanner, a multi meter, multi purpose knife, tyre pressure gauge, ty-wraps, some short pieces of hose the same size as the LPG system uses. Still need to get some basics in there eg, screwdrivers and light gauge jumper leads with croc clips for hot wiring where a switch is suspect. In winter the big torch gets flung in the back. There's vise grips there too (primarily for the LPG fittings needed at re-fuel).

If I've been working on the truck, I quite often take the tools I've been using with me for the next few trips in case anything needs further tightening/fettling and sometimes any fluids I've disturbed in case they need a top-up. Lap top for adjusting LPG ECU parameters is sometimes carried in the net behind the driver's seat and the leads in the central cubby box.
Some cash in my wallet in case I ever have to pay someone for any help needed.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to prioritize mine pretty light.
No window tint = everyone can "window shop".
Window tint = "Hey!!! He's tryna hide the goods!"

So...
Jumper cables,
Nut drivers,
Spare icm,
Tapes (electrical and duct),
Cap & rotor
Couple of plugs and wires
Drive belt
AAA card

Then a more comprehensive kit for longer trips.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But need to take care of some other things first. No point putting a box in if the washer bottle under it needs changing. I usually have a couple of the big pieces of cardboard that I use for oil changes too, cause you can't always find a clean place to need to get under the truck.....

Unless its leaking from the neck or bottle, they sell the grommets for the bottle. If you order a new one make sure you order new grommets. I bought a new bottle from rock auto. Came with the neck ofcourse. Soon as it got here no grommets. I was pissed. They may have forgotten to send it. But just incase it saves you the headache of scrabbling for one

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a box in the bed yet, but that's one of my plans. I'll probably put the following in it:
Cheap HF tool set
1/4" and 3/8" drive ratchets/sockets
wrenches
screwdrivers
pliers, needle-nose, diag cutters
5.5mm socket
hemostats, magnet extractor, extendable mirror
small torx kit
cheapo extractor bits
1/2" breakover with 1/2" drive impact sockets
hacksaw
hammer
maglight, magnetic work light
spool of 14ga wire
wire stripper/crimpers
terminal kit
baling wire
4x cargo straps
1 gallon gas can
spare belt
spare ICM
dinky 12v compressor
tire patch & plug kit
padlock & chain
sharpie pen
tape measure

...and probably some other stuff I haven't thought of yet. About half this stuff is what I already carry in my junkyard toolbox when I go to Pull-A-Part.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Travelling just my normal 100mi radius:

Serpentine Belt
Flashlight x2
Adjustable wrench/hammer(haha)
Switchable Screwdriver
Jumper Cables
Ratchet Straps (Varying Sizes)
Bungee Straps
Binoculars
Tape Measure
Rags
Dog Bone Wrench
Pliers
Knifes (not including the one in my pocket)
Trailer Plug Adapters(Varying Combos to the 7-pin)
Zip Strips
Extra Jacket
Multimeter
Probably more random stuff I've forgotten in the bag

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Credit card
Cell phone
Flashlight
OEM tire-changing tools

I carry a tow strap, fire extinguisher, and jumper cables, but they're for me to rescue other people, not for me to be rescued with.

Make sure the tire winch works--they tend to rust in place, then you can't lower the spare tire.