Roadside Repair Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hmmm... wondering if I can mount an ammo box under the hood somewhere?
@Moparmat2000( think I have that right) had a thread about this exact thing a while back. He mounted it to the place where the 2nd battery would go on the driver's side. Came out pretty nice IIRC. His truck is a 94 so similar to yours and a little different than the vortec trucks.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
An addendum to what I've already posted: be sure you have a tire inflator pump that works, and that your spare tire has air in it! Had to put mine on last night and it only had 15 psi in it.... I should have checked it before now, but at least I had the air pump. Another good reason to have a power port in the back of the truck. A mod I will be doing soon as I can.....
Got to use my piece of cardboard, both my lug wrenches and the factory screw jack and the ratchet and extensions. Takes both of them to get past the rear bumper on the Burb. Guess I need to get my aluminum low profile floor jack fixed, and carry it in the back with some wood blocks and a couple of chocks. Luckily we were able to get into a good concrete parking lot that had decent lighting.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emergency jacket. I keep one of my old field jackets in each of my vehicles,
Thanks for that. I forgot I have an old "Snowmobile suit" tucked in with the fire extinguisher, tow strap, jumper cables, etc. In fact, I think there's a Thrift Store pair of snowshoes in there, too.

Crap. I might have to go out and see what's in my Emergency Stash, and re-verify my tire winches.

I also forgot about the forty pound box of kitty litter (new, not "used") for traction compound on compacted-snow and icy roads.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An addendum to what I've already posted: be sure you have a tire inflator pump that works, and that your spare tire has air in it! Had to put mine on last night and it only had 15 psi in it.... I should have checked it before now, but at least I had the air pump. Another good reason to have a power port in the back of the truck. A mod I will be doing soon as I can.....

Yes for sure. I'm adding a power outlet right by the return bent on the right rear side. Then I may add power to the rear pillars on the 3rd row. And maybe 2 under the center seat. Just need to figure out wiring and where to pull the power from since in adding a total of 5 power sources.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I forgot I have an old "Snowmobile suit" tucked in with the fire extinguisher, tow strap, jumper cables, etc. In fact, I think there's a Thrift Store pair of snowshoes in there, too.

Crap. I might have to go out and see what's in my Emergency Stash, and re-verify my tire winches.

I also forgot about the forty pound box of kitty litter (new, not "used") for traction compound on compacted-snow and icy roads.
I like living in the south and not having to deal with this kind of stuff! But y'all northern folks are used to it I guess....

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man some of you guys are over the top. I keep a snatch strap, tie downs, and jumper cables in mine. I load a box of tools if I'm taking a road trip, but aside from that I prefer to spin my wrenches at home or a friend's shop.

I hear you. Lol. Personally engine, suspension, or other bigger components for sure at home. But simple quick stuff. Why not lol

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I lived in Arizona, I used to take my K5 down to Baja a few times a year.
I carried a spare every damn thing before I learned that the average mechanic in Mexico knows more about a small block Chevy than you do and can fix it faster that you ever thought of.
Then one thing they have a hard time getting is decent tools. They are really expensive. They make do and have some work arounds that are pretty cool to see.
I got bailed out a couple of times by those guys and the next time we went down we always took them a brand new set of wrenches or sockets or whatever so they had the things they needed to keep doing what they do.
I had a few issues over the years but the one road supply that saved the day was when somebody stole all of the food out of our coolers while we were Tequila sleeping on the beach.
This is when I found out that my friend Pat always kept cans of emergency Spam and beans under the front seat of his Nissan truck.
We had Spam and beans for breakfast and it was awesome.
R.I.P. Pat