Replacing radiator, any thing else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schwarze_crewcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My radiator has developed a leak where the side tank crimps to the core. Doesn't leak if I'm towing on the highway, but if I am putting around town. Is there anything else I should consider replacing while I have it out of there? I flushed the coolant and put a new T-stat a couple months ago.

Also, my temp gauge doesn't read accurately. The highest it ever gets is just over the first big mark, a little past a quarter of the total scale of the gauge. Are the chances its the sender or is it in the gauge?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My radiator has developed a leak where the side tank crimps to the core. Doesn't leak if I'm towing on the highway, but if I am putting around town. Is there anything else I should consider replacing while I have it out of there? I flushed the coolant and put a new T-stat a couple months ago.

Also, my temp gauge doesn't read accurately. The highest it ever gets is just over the first big mark, a little past a quarter of the total scale of the gauge. Are the chances its the sender or is it in the gauge?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk

Hoses and belt would be good, as suggested. Pay attention to the Orings on the oil cooler lines, if your truck has one. You should replace them while you have the system open. I can't say on the gauge. Mine does the same thing, and I've always assumed it was the sender, but no guarantees. Replace it and see what happens! What truck/engine do you have?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 4