Replacement Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where did you order it from? How was the packaging?

I assume you’re getting a refund on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where did you order it from? How was the packaging?

I assume you’re getting a refund on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I am sending it back to Amazon, and yes the packaging stunk.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Well update I received my AC Delco radiator and it has plenty of damaged fins right out of the box plus it is made in Mexico. I guess time to call the yards for a good used one and rebuild mine with a new tank.

Last I knew you could buy new tanks. Unbending, rebending and screwing up all those tabs will be quite a chore. I would not do it unless I had a spare radiator.

I did pay to have a tank replaced on my original radiator. It lasted a few years and then the oil cooler blew.

If it's just bent fins you can straighten them carefully. It will be a slow process. If the whole radiator is bent, definitely send it back.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Last I knew you could buy new tanks. Unbending, rebending and screwing up all those tabs will be quite a chore. I would not do it unless I had a spare radiator.

I did pay to have a tank replaced on my original radiator. It lasted a few years and then the oil cooler blew.

If it's just bent fins you can straighten them carefully. It will be a slow process. If the whole radiator is bent, definitely send it back.

I'm a cheapass and had a tank replaced back in 2012 on the 1500. Still holds tight today, but since the blower I sometimes pine for a 3500 radiator.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
G’day, big question here “Can you change the tanks over” because I have a good core with a cracked tank and i have a good tank on a damaged core. What sealant do you use when reassembling them. TIA.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I paid a radiator shop to do mine, pretty sure it's just an o ring that seals it.