Removing the molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTM1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's my truck as is.I'd like to remove the molding have a pretty good idea that it's going to mess the paint up so I would like to know if anyone has plastidipped there rockers or used bed liner on them.Any ideas or pics would be great
You must be registered for see images attach

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
If you're careful you might not hurt the paint.

Sent from My padded cell using tapatalk 2

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
use fishing string.. get some heavy line then (use gloves) wrap around both hands then use it like a saw.. just working back an forth all the way down the molding.. after you get it off get a eraser wheel from a paint supply, just it on a drill to get the glue crap off just dont dig in to the paint let the wheel do all the work.. wipe the area down with acetone till clean.. then wash the truck and wax the area.. you mite see the paint alittle darker under the trim cuz the rest of the truck paint will be faded some...

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took one of my old tahoes to the body shop and the pulled the molding, and some aftermarket rocker panels off for $100, best money I ever spent. They even buffed it out for me

MTM1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just worry because the previous owner had it repainted and I talked to a painter in our town and he said most body shops will put the molding back on when the paint is wet so it sticks better......this is why I'm worried that it will peal the paint. That's why I just got set that I will have to Herculiner the rockers