Remote locks on an 89?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would love to add remote locks on my 89. All the kits i see online are for the full system to add power locks and remote. I already have power locks, and i just want to add the remote lock/unlock. Anyone make a kit for that?

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
years ago my wife added remote locks to my '89 truck for either my birthday or anniversary.

after doing some google searches i found this: black widow
i have no clue what they added to my truck to make everything work, but this is definitely the remote that i have for my truck
hopefully that might help (sorry i don't know more)

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I bought my Yukon it had power locks and the OE key fobs were long gone missing. I had a remote starter installed and the installer hooked it up to the doors. There's a harness under the dash he tapped into. It was as simple as following a wiring schematic.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much any aftermarket security system should have remote locks available. The good thing is most have the relays built in now as vs 20yrs ago you had to wire in multiple relays to do the job.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forum member @Wh4t3v3rs sells remote start/keyless entry Avital systems for a great deal. Also, there for questions. Love mine.
Me too! :waytogo: It's a Viper system, I just can't remember what model. You add 2 relays and splice in ~4 wires by the door, for locks. Remote start is a little more complicated but, that Viper is capable for that too, even on my 88!