Rear wheel bearing? - 99 Suburban C2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
RA sell them - listed as C clips and as axle retainers. Only one of them states thickness (theGM ones) and is 0.2'' . Routine replacement part by the look.

Last edited:

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never eliminated the play, but the amount of play was reduced once I replaced the parts mentioned.

Yes, C clips, U shaped retainers - same part. Pic
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't speak to the wearability of those parts nor the thickness. I purchased GM genuine retainers. I compared the old retainers with the new ones, i couldn't see a visual difference. I don't have a caliper gauge...

I haven't used the truck much since doing the work.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2-3 mm is a lot of wear to suddenly occur (in a few thousand miles in my case) and if it is wear, there'll be swarf...

But there's no relative motion with the parts - all rotating a piece as they are.

Or, something shifts...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
There's a hardened bolt with a turned down part on the shaft that goes in that hole. Those bolts should be fairly easy to remove ( once it's out then you can move that round bar/pin and take the C clips out). Then the axles should pull right out. Haven't done this in a few years, and not on an 8 lug, but the 5 lug axle is similarly built.
That said, sometimes that bolt can break....and that's when it gets fun. Never had to personally deal with it, but I have read reports on here from those who have.