Really bad day!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm blaming that one on the cheap microgard filter.
The pics were a race team next to us at Barber Motorsports Park. They were literally doing 7000 rpm when the rod let go with no warning. The bearings looked good, so not the filter. It was a rod good for 6500 rpm doing 7000 rpm.

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pics were a race team next to us at Barber Motorsports Park. They were literally doing 7000 rpm when the rod let go with no warning. The bearings looked good, so not the filter. It was a rod good for 6500 rpm doing 7000 rpm.
Yeah I was just picking on microgard. [emoji16]

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

Medic0893

Reaction score
We morn your loss with you. As for crate engines, depends where you get it and what you’re doing with it. If you plan to wind to 10k best to have a custom build. If on the other hand... Jasper is an excellent company. Many other too, Jasper just the 1st to come to mind. Do your homework...

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I heard on the news that cats can sell for a good amount of $ on the street but I’m sorry that happened man

I parted out a 2001 F350 with a v10 and the first thing I did was the cat. $350 in about 15 minutes after I placed the ad. The guy who bought it...had his stolen. A new replacement $1100 aftermarket.....$2400 from the dealer.

My wife’s Infiniti needed new upper cats. Since they were the integrated in the manifold style I couldn’t use the universals I bought. I called around. Dealer $1200 each with a $200 core if I didn’t have my old ones so it would of been $1400 each plus tax. So let’s call it $3000 and I kid you not....$1200 EACH to install. So the repair would of been $5400 to replace two cats/manifolds.
I did it in 8 hours split between a Saturday and Sunday. I found a place online that sold me California CARB legal cats for $1300 a pair. I sold my wife’s old cats for $400 to recoup some money.

I’ve seen videos my LEO buddies shows me where it took less than 30 seconds on a vehicle with ground clearance and about a minute on a regular car because they used a jack.

out in San Fernando valley they caught a few guys with 750,000 dollars worth of stolen cats

I offered all my neighbors the opportunity to use my vehicle lift and we can engrave their VIN number on their cars then put stickers diwn low on the rocker panels staring the cars are marked against theft with a vin number. One neighbor had me put his drivers license on there.

Last edited:

Donb

Reaction score
My ‘97 Silverado lost its engine in 2006. Put a Jasper in it in 2009. After 12 years and 125k miles it still runs like the first day. In 2019 we did a 1600 mile round trip to Prince Edward Island pulling an 18’ enclosed trailer, never skipped a beat. I’m sold on Jasper, wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. don