P0102 bad maf harness potentially

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Vehicle is 99” 5.7L suburban
So after changing out my heater core lines and removing my air box to get to them . I realized after installing the air box and plugging in the maf sensor , I gave my air box a snug little shake and it stalled my truck. I said wtf so I ran scan tool and I have a p0102 MAF Low volt input . I Erase code start truck wiggle the MAF connector around and Code comes back .
Seems that it could be the “yellow wire” has a bad connection and I read that it may be a common issue .The loom and plug was twisted so it could have just eroded or messed up the connection in the plug End.

Wanted input on whether this is likely the pigtail going bad or the actual pins on the MAF Itself ?

Ironically i changed my crank shaft sensor and new GM Pigtail last month
Rock auto part #PT2782 and it states that is also the same replacement part # for the MAF plug/pigtail .
I have a spare they sent me two so wasn’t sure if this was true or not I can just splice in that extra Crank shaft sensor pigtail .

What’s the chances it just the wiring or the maf pins ?

Attachments

• IMG_0245.jpeg
    IMG_0245.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0246.jpeg
    IMG_0246.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor and stock mass air flow (MAF) sensor use the same 3-pin female Metri-Pack 150 connector (Aptiv P/N 12059595).

You must be registered for see images attach

Now this applies to a 5.7L with the stock MAF sensor, which yours apparently has, based on the photo.

If you had the Delphi MAF sensor (Delphi AF10057/ GM 19332973), which GM now sells to replace the stock MAF sensor which was discontinued, this connector would not apply, as the Delphi MAF sensor receives an Aptiv GT 150 series 5-pin (2 unused pins) female connector.

Before splicing in a pigtail, I would first de-pin the connector and clean all the terminals with electrical contact cleaner spray. You can de-pin a Metri-Pack 150 connector using Aptiv 12094429.

After that, I would de-loom the harness and inspect the wiring for broken insulation.

Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor and stock mass air flow (MAF) sensor use the same 3-pin female Metri-Pack 150 connector (Aptiv P/N 12059595).

Now this applies to a 5.7L with the stock MAF sensor, which yours apparently has, based on the photo.

If you had the Delphi MAF sensor (Delphi AF10057/ GM 19332973), which GM now sells to replace the stock MAF sensor which was discontinued, this connector would not apply, as the Delphi MAF sensor receives an Aptiv GT 150 series 5-pin (2 unused pins) female connector.

Before splicing in a pigtail, I would first de-pin the connector and clean all the terminals with electrical contact cleaner spray. You can de-pin a Metri-Pack 150 connector using AptivI

Before splicing in a pigtail, I would first de-pin the connector and clean all the terminals with electrical contact cleaner spray. You can de-pin a Metri-Pack 150 connector using Aptiv 12094429.
if I did splice in I would 1000% solder and heat shrink and wire loom etc etc..
The pigtail isn’t really destroyed it was never really abused . It had one twist beside being plugged in so maybe that pulled on the pin or pins
It was never known issue to me because it starts runs a1 and doesn’t stall at all. When Man handling’ the air box caused it too trigger a short I suppose and just stalled the vehicle ! Whichever wire causes a stall I don’t know but it’s one of the 3.
I just wanted to know the likely hood of it being the harness side and not the pins on the maf itself .”
I’ll contact clean them tomorrow' with the pins left In the plug and try to get a brush of some sort down in there and blow it clean with air gun . I’ll try it before I decide to de-pin if I do . I’ve never done that , is there a tool for that at like NAPA Or Oreillys?
When I spliced in my crank sensor plug I did it thoroughly . The previous owner just hacked it in and it was causing the engine to stall over a road bump one of the wires was taped not soldered or but connected correctly. Has been running tip top since as far as spark ⚡️ is concerned.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just realized, unless I am mistaken, P0121 is Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Performance, not MAF.