Really bad day!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
1999 Chevrolet Silverado z71
Unfortunately this is what happened a week after receiving $1200 worth of suspension parts from rock auto. Do they sell complete engines too??? Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They sure do but I don't trust remans. I would want to go with a good builder to build it custom for me. I guess that's why I've never been able to afford to put a new motor in anything. [emoji16]

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Knock-knock...???

Sorry to hear that Man. What's the story?

I was talking to a coworker here in the morning about one of the new, young guy here. Said his 01 Ram had a bunch of O2 sensor codes yesterday. Autozone said he needed new O2 sensors when he went there to get codes. He took it to his mechanic during lunch and mechanic said his cats were stolen. The guy said truck ran really rough and was really loud after he left the office building yesterday.

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Was this just a routine oil change or was there something that made you look inside?

If it was just a routine oil change, that may not be as big of a deal as you think it is... if it was running fine, had good oil pressure and didnt have any bad noises I would run it for 500 miles with fresh oil then drain it and check again.

There are a number of things that could cause that, old broken down oil, driving in sandy conditions, lots of cold starts without time to warm up (washing the cylinders), etc.

If it was running fine dont get too discouraged.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First look at those photos, I thought you had an oil-pan failure, the oil was running out from under your truck.

Took me awhile to figure out that it's oil dumped out of an oil filter. Is that hot oil from a recently-run engine? A little bit of air emulsified in the oil will look sparkly.

I'd shove in a new filter, fresh oil, and run the *****. Keep an eye on the oil pressure. Listen for excess noise. See what it looks like at the next oil change, if there's no obvious problems.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1999 Chevrolet Silverado z71
Unfortunately this is what happened a week after receiving $1200 worth of suspension parts from rock auto. Do they sell complete engines too??? Lol

What's the magnet on the drainplug look like?