Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
So my 94 needs a new radiator. It has the 34" wide radiator, and it's 1 1/4" thick. But they offer a 2 1/4" thick radiator, can I put that in with no issues? I assume I can I just want to make sure before I buy it. And also what's the best radiator to buy? On a budget of coarse... Thanks!

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I did the same when my radiator cracked the drivers side tank. I went from a 34" wide, 1 1/4" thick, to a 2 1/4" thick radiator.
It fit with no issues.
My new radiator is a NAPA brand.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agree with the post above^^ cooling will be much better in the summer.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was thinking napa was my best choice. I'm not sure what the deal is with this truck, it always has cooling issues. This will be it's second radiator and about the 4th heater core I've put in this truck.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sounds like time for a backflush. Especially when installing a new rad.
I've found that this method works best.
http://www.ve-labs.net/electrolysis-101/how-to-reverse-flush
They're plugging a specific brand of coolant flush additive. Never used that one. 'Wynns' or any others of the shelf work just as well.
The trick is in the use of both high pressure H2o & air.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Back when I worked at the dealer ship we had a Wynn's coolant flush machine. And when I replaced the engine I did a flush on it. The engine I put in only had 15k miles on it. And I have maybe put 30k on it. So I wouldn't think it would be horrible and I run the green coolant. But it would be worth it to flush it again I'm sure. Can't hurt anyways.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Well I know the radiator that's in it was a super cheap aftermarket radiator. But I don't know what the deal is with my heater cores.... At least they are pretty easy to change and relatively cheap.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats what mine was like too, went for the big one becuase thats all they had in stock. whats the cost of the radiator for you? they charged me $200 plus tax