Propane Torch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Its more expensive but you'll never look back if you setup a oxy/propane torch. You'll need an oxygen tank, 2 regulators (acetylene works on a propane tank), T-rated hose, and a torch with a rosebud rated for propane.

You must be registered for see images attach

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its more expensive but you'll never look back if you setup a oxy/propane torch. You'll need an oxygen tank, 2 regulators (acetylene works on a propane tank), T-rated hose, and a torch with a rosebud rated for propane.

A welding machine and a oxy/acetylene torch are on my wish list, but just not in the budget at the moment.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Regarding torches, I've got access to an Oxy/Acetylene torch but I've got other, smaller ones like these that I like a lot.

They throw more heat than most of the common Bernz-o-Matic type torches and are relatively easy to maneuver because the tank's not attached.

Bernz-O-Matic Hose Torch JTH7​

Here's one on eBay for a good price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/354359476132?hash=item5281787fa4:g:YrQAAOSwUFpjWoh3&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoAfV7gtUDCyyRjRCz4BIRgrp1oE6xE2TNviCk9UjQkz9DPCRjRd6ikBELhm+ymVr90d8JC+gmBclVaphJ6lranc+eHgRudu0gUb2XnHFQB3fntY5/Y/sDBMeTPqdPZmCPi5oeu6XVFURVE/7rZhaAF1euFcdKuoic80PUmp9Vlm+Sh4AWo1VseO0uvmNjllfMIH8v0UKBbYjDTl4c4kIctU=|tkp:Bk9SR4a04fqLYQ

I've got one of these too, which is similar and has the auto ignite & gas on/off trigger:

Bernzomatic BZ8250HT Trigger-Start Hose Torch​

Looks like JTH7 is a manual-ignite torch, right? Like, you need a separate striker to fire it up.. if so, while less convenient for actual torch use, this one would be great for using propane (UNLIT) to search for vacuum leaks, more maneuverable than a small bottle with nozzle attached. The self-igniting type would be.. uh.. not good. :D

Richard

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like JTH7 is a manual-ignite torch, right? Like, you need a separate striker ... This one would be great for using propane (UNLIT) to search for vacuum leaks, more maneuverable than a small bottle with nozzle attached.

Exactly. You described the p/n JTH7 torch well, including the maneuverability and use for checking vacuum leaks or adjusting the idle mixture on your 70s-era carburetor.

The other torch shown, p/n BZ8250HT, has a "lock" feature on the "gas on/off - ignitor" clicker thingie, so one can lock it in the "on" state as desired. It too is maneuverable, and it could be "locked on" and then gas applied (there's a valve on the tank fitting), so as to override the ignitor feature and behave much like the JTH7.

I like having them both, each has their place.

For the record, EACH has a valve mounted on the tank fitting (at the end of the hose) that's used to turn-off and otherwise control the volume of gas admitted to the torch handle. The valve is controlled by that black twist knob visible on the top of the fitting. Each also has a holder that clips on the small propane tank; the holder allows the tank to be carried on one's belt / waistband.

Last edited: