Power steering pump mounting bracket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing better is to look at a truck that has a hydro boost or find someone who really knows these things. Which is why I posted on here praying that someone would be able to help. Thank you for helping an old man

revmatcher

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have this bracket left over from my 1997 Tahoe. It's not hydro-boost. The bracket also holds the AC compressor. The truck is a 5.7L Vortec.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only input gmpartsgiant.com wanted besides year was engine size. If it needed to know vacuum vs. hydro boost it would’ve asked. Since you have a 5.7, that’s the correct bracket.

“Description:
5.7L, all. 2wd, power steering, 6 cylinder. 4wd, all. To block, 5.7L. 2 wheel drive. 4.3L. 4 wheel drive. 4.3L. 4.3, 4.8, 5.3, 6.0L. 4.3L. 1/2, 3/4 & 1 ton, 1996 new style, 4.3, 5.0, 5.7L. This GM Genuine Part is designed, engineered, and tested to rigorous standards and is backed by General Motors”.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've never heard of a specific bracket for the power steering pump, for a given brake booster type. The two pumps are not radically different. It's basically just an extra port for hydroboost. Maybe different pressure settings, not a completely different unit requiring a bracket redesign.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have a 454 that I’m going to put a 383 in and the power steering pump is definitely different what I didn’t know is if the mounting bracket was somehow different because of the pump. I don’t want to get the engine in the truck and go to put the power steering pump on and find it won’t fit
I've never heard of a specific bracket for the power steering pump, for a given brake booster type. The two pumps are not radically different. It's basically just an extra port for hydroboost. Maybe different pressure settings, not a completely different unit requiring a bracket redesign.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, literally just an extra spot on the reservoir for the return line.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well now that you’re adding a 454, that’s not your original post saying it was a 5.7. That will need a different bracket for a 454.

Pro439

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 454 actually doesn’t impress me in the stock form. I also have a dually that I’m redoing the 454 in but it’s not stock and the 383 isn’t really stock but I didn’t go crazy on the cam so I want to put it in my crew cab srw