Power seats with easy entry option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rauto13

Reaction score
I have a 96 ecsb with manual cloth seats and I would like to switch to power leather seats. I have leather seats out of a Tahoe but they do not have the easy access so they will not work in my extended cab. I finally found a power leather driver's seat with the easy access. The easy access on the leather seat only allows the seat back to fold forward, it does not release the seat track like the original manual seat does.

Is the easy access on the power seat track supposed to release the tracks to move forward along with the seat back flipping forward? With only the seat back flipping forward, there is not enough room to get into my back seat.

Thanks for the help.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have two 98s with power driver seats and the easy-entry is like that on both.

Not really sure why they bothered putting it on to begin with.

rauto13

Reaction score
Were there any power seats with "easy entry" that the track released so the entire seat assy moved forward, not just the back flipping forward? I am thinking maybe of a two door Tahoe, possibly?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an extended cab truck and a two-door Tahoe, both have the driver power seats that don’t slide forward. Guess it was like that for all of them.