Power mirror switch wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Given the metripack connectors are idiot proof, ( thank god for fatigue prone) all the earlier diagrams i have show this "map". The colors change but the routing is the same at least through 98 i know. They got smarter later. Moms duramax shift into R and both mirrors tilt down a few degrees for backing up, way cool, shift out back to where they were. So given aaaallllll the diagrams are this map; the only thing i can see is your switch is wonky, or somebody messed with the mirrors internals, or a wiring fault somewhere. You can very gently take your switch apart. Gently like your newborn baby gently, not like Atom bombs to Hand grenades. I have worked with those kind of problem children. And now my mirrors are sporadically functional. And the swtch is original, so what 26 years. It had good life. So I'm going to Autopsy the old switch for the hellofit. Good luck.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks just quick easy wire out. If it helps one or more other enthusiasts, good day. Next one in cad.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im gona call k2 motors and see if they have ever heard of this problem. Im gona rule out the switch , as i tried 3 or 4 different ones. Ranging from ebay & amazon el cheapos, as well as a new ac delco oem switch. Only thing left is to just out of curiosity find a power mirror oem, and see if it works. ‍♂️♂️

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You tried an OE known good switch and it reacts the same problem? How about undo the connectors at the mirrors, shove an opened paper clip in the two same colored pins and connect those to chassis ground, then power the two primary color pins you should get correct movement one way each primary pin.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you ever get it right, let us know how it turns out. Its simple DC with 6 closed loop circuits to power the mirrors. 1 power, 1 ground, and 1 left, right, center multifunction switch. Without seeing whats going on, and you used a known good switch ya did something wrong. Mirrors don't ground, they switch polarity. It's DC one way power and ground, AC has neutral as it can't decide which way to go. Good luck.