Power mirror switch wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the same thing. I used the switch and wiring setup from a suburban/blazer with older dash. I didn't run into this issue. I'm digging through my files, trying to find the diagram I used at the time.

It might worth it to find the diagram for power mirrors in a ~92 Suburban and see what the differences are.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

v0nzipper

Reaction score
For anyone who loses all function at once and the fuse is still good, take a look at the harness connector in the driver side kick panel (next to the parking brake).

To get access, remove the sill cover and the kick panel. All of the power door function connections are pushed in a cubby in this area.

Hope this helps someone else down the road.

I found the power (orange wire) was broken at the molex connector.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I did the same thing. I used the switch and wiring setup from a suburban/blazer with older dash. I didn't run into this issue. I'm digging through my files, trying to find the diagram I used at the time.

It might worth it to find the diagram for power mirrors in a ~92 Suburban and see what the differences are.

You must be registered for see images attach

I did it the same way but had a similar issue. I swapped the wires as discussed in post #2 and I was good. I never really looked into it just assumed I screwed up when I wired it.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 years later still haven’t added a second ground or messed with it. Kinda just dont bother . Well now i got a new 5 rocker switch kit on the way, so i have to relocate the mirror switch. Any suggestions on how to mount / where at ?

Attachments

• A878BAD9-3D75-429F-AD5E-56F3C361DE36.jpeg
    A878BAD9-3D75-429F-AD5E-56F3C361DE36.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 8
  • C8FD5261-1F7E-4B7B-A3DD-87E98BC0A0B3.jpeg
    C8FD5261-1F7E-4B7B-A3DD-87E98BC0A0B3.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 8

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 years later still haven’t added a second ground or messed with it. Kinda just dont bother . Well now i got a new 5 rocker switch kit on the way, so i have to relocate the mirror switch. Any suggestions on how to mount / where at ?
What year truck? Good idea to start with year and model. Just easier to see in my head what your doing.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
93 truck, mirror controls & wiring from a 96. Go from the beginning of this thread and if has all details

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 93 K1500 and the square power mirror switch and a set of power mirrors to install. My 95 K2500 has next style dash and uses a round power mirror switch. So you spliced in a later model switch but didn't check and compare the wire circuits. So you just get both diagrams. If one blue polka dots for left and right and the other is orange squares for left and right ya splice them together. The switches change, but the basic mirrors function the same. Wire id color may change between years. Don't assume they are the same between different years, get the wiring diagram make your conversion less frustrating.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No. I never had ANY power mirror in my 93. I got a harness from both mirrors & the main switch harness from the 96, bought a new switch, connected wire for wire. mounted it remotely as my door did not have a spot for it.

All functions work.just backward on 2, and apparently its A flaw of the amazon/ ebay switches. Nothing u can do to stop it

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you try swapping the left and right control wires on one side, and see if it reacts correctly, since it's DC.