Power mirror switch wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you try swapping the left and right control wires on one side, and see if it reacts correctly, since it's DC.
That throws EVERYTHING off. Yes i tried that first . Im gona separate the grounds, as coming off switch has 1 ground, but each mirror harness has 2 grounds. I had all them tied together. Gona run a secondary grnd & see what happens

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What am i not seeing here. It's simple DC if activation of switch for mirror move right, causes mirror move left the polarity is reversed. Okay I'm getting the book out....effing electrons......

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the wiring diagram the mirrors don't have a ground. A single ground from switch instrument panel frame. To reverse a movement, left or right, up or down the switch will reverse polarity. Therefore if your movement opposite what requested just swap those two circuit wires. If that doesn't work you have a problem thats beyond normal, without acually seeing your switch. If your careful, old plastic can be brittle, you can open the shell and a small bulb inside can be replaced. Led replacement done also.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Page 1247 in GM truck service manual part 2, Driveability and Electrical Diagnosis.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last try, you know on the switch what wire is bus power in you what wire is switch ground. Using a multimeter or a test light you can identify which pins do what function. Activate the switch, what pin is hot mark it for that function. You have the eight pin connector, means you test 5 pins. 3 are allready spoken for, power in, ground out, and dash lights. Thats it, i gotta go repack some wheel bearings. Good luck.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok. So heres how i wired. All wires match up. Does anyone see anything i wired wrong??

Plug - mirrors

Passgr (1st pic)
Black x2 // green
Purple // blue
Grey // red

Drvr (2nd pic)
Black x2 // white
Green // green
Blue// red

Switch

H Orange / positive
G Brown / blank (nothing)
F Purple / blue
E Green / green
D Black / all functions - 2 wires frm each mirror / grn & whi
C Grey / red
B Blue / red
A Black / neutral

up, down, works correctly both sides. But left / right are still reversed. Driver mirror- left function mirror moves drvr mirror right. Right function moves drvr mirror left. Passenger mirror- left function moves psgr mirror right, right function moves psgr mirror left

Attachments

• F8DB3077-E639-47D5-9A89-2DB5678EB6B3.jpeg
    F8DB3077-E639-47D5-9A89-2DB5678EB6B3.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 17
  • D7672B6D-1081-49CD-85D4-1A93F025A1A7.jpeg
    D7672B6D-1081-49CD-85D4-1A93F025A1A7.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 17

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, see your response, i can get back in couple hours, "she who must be obeyed, " is having me drive her around shopping.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently I took a power mirror setup from a 96 silverado donor truck my cousin was sending to the scrapyard and put in my 93 silverado. There was some splicing involved ; but all I did was basicaly relocate the switch and make extensions. Anyway; the original mirror switch all functions work.. but the L/R dial was broken. So i ordered a new one. Well; 4 now.. part number 15009690. I have tried anywhere from the 20$ ebay specials to the 60$ oem switch.

The problem lies when i press the right ; the mirror moves left.. and pressing left moves mirror right. This occurs on driver and passenger side.

Up and down work just fine, and left selection controls driver and right controls passenger. But left/right mirror control is backward. No wiring is backward that i can tell. What is yalls thoughts???
Somewhere.........the wiring is reversed.......

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Somewhere.........the wiring is reversed.......

read my first post…

i kept thinking that, but before all this started the original switch functions were working properly. but after it went out when i broke it installin it, the rest have been duds. Idk, ima put meter on it one day