PLEASE Help with rear bag ideas??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbear

Reaction score
Ok here is the deal..... Got this 92 LBSC Silverado . I did the 6 inch rear DJM flip kit in the rear. Now my problem is it wont handle my 16ft. Lawn care trailer without bottoming out. My first thought and action was to install the Monro air shocks. Result they worked well for about the first 2 months now cant keep air in them and it bottoms out. So I am thinking of installing air bags in the rear. I have looked at the slam Air kits and been doing some research I read that they make the hard very hard. I also read that the bigger the bag the better the ride. So with that being said I am thinking of installing some 2600lb or 3600lb bags using a bracket off the back of the axle or on thee top of the axle in between the frame rails. Please if anyone has a clue on how to do this the most economical way please by all means let me know. I dont want to sacrifice my ride quality but i do want to be able to tow my trailer with no problem and no bottoming out. Thanks in advance, Bear

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much weight are u tryin to hold up? There are plenty of helper bag kits that will answer all your problems. As far as ride quality no matter what size bag but the more the air the rougher it will be

bigbear

Reaction score
Well just something as simple as putting a 200lb tool box in the back of it at this point causes it to bottom out. The tongue weight on the truck isnt that bad maybe 500-800lbs so nothing to tremendous. Why I thought a couple of 2600lb Bags would do the trick. I just dont know what to do at this point. Dont want to have to get another tow vehicle cause I love my truck and I know what I am wanting to do isnt unrealistic. thanks

ky_randy

Reaction score
Like said above, go with a helper bag setup and you control how rough it rides by how much air you put in the bags. IF you over inflate tehm it will be rough. After some drive time you will figure out where you like it set for what you are carrying.