Tire recommendation please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasJNG

Reaction score
Yes, another one, please have patience and help me do something I have never done before.

I've owned 30+ cars and bean a hot rodder my whole life (50 years) however I have always trusted tire fitment to the tire shop guy or bought the car with the combination already. So anyway.

1996 2WD extended cab. It is stock height (Belltech 2/4 planned) and I already bought the wheels. I bought these Halibrand wheels (front 19X8.5 rear 19x10). Can you recommend a tire combination for nearly stock rolling diameter?

As always y'all are awesome and I appreciate you helping me make this list ride my dream.
You must be registered for see images attach

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m curious to see how the 19s look I’ve been thinking about going down to 19s myself from 20s.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, another one, please have patience and help me do something I have never done before.

I've owned 30+ cars and bean a hot rodder my whole life (50 years) however I have always trusted tire fitment to the tire shop guy or bought the car with the combination already. So anyway.

1996 2WD extended cab. It is stock height (Belltech 2/4 planned) and I already bought the wheels. I bought these Halibrand wheels (front 19X8.5 rear 19x10). Can you recommend a tire combination for nearly stock rolling diameter?

As always y'all are awesome and I appreciate you helping me make this list ride my dream.

Your stock tire diameter is likely 29" (i.e. 235/75r15).

If you’re planning on a 2/4 drop I would suggest a 245/45/19 on the front and a 275/40/19 on the rear.

These are 27.7" diameter. They will work, just know they are shorter but appropriate for a future drop.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I live in rural(ish) Texas and low profile is just begging for damage. Roads are not great, even when they are great. So hopefully a 19" gives me a little more padding.
Yup I think the roads are crappy anywhere in Texas with much population. Went up country last weekend, Highway 90A is old but still in good shape. And I say this as someone with a one ton that needs shocks and always has the tires aired up.....