Tire Recommendations Wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, no conscientious tire shop would mount 275s on a 6" rim. You can see the original rims in my signature...

Edited;
Here's what they looked like after a little polish and elbow grease...
You must be registered for see images attach
This thread is awesome! I’m just finishing my rebuild and have the same rims. Planning on polishing them up and going with these tires. Where did you get the new center caps? Thanks!

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is awesome! I’m just finishing my rebuild and have the same rims. Planning on polishing them up and going with these tires. Where did you get the new center caps? Thanks!
These are what I have now…I like the ones you have much better!

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpeg
    IMG_0157.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 1

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you formed an opinion about your new tires?
Yes! I like them very much! I haven’t had the opportunity to drive them a lot yet as I’m still in rebuild mode. But they feel good so far.

I went back and fourth because ultimately I would have liked larger diameter wheels & tires. But, the wheels look great and I think will look even better once they’re polished and have the new smooth center caps.

The combination of the 2” lowered rear suspension, wider (beefier) tires and raised lettering gives it a classic muscle truck look.

I’m very pleased and didn’t spent another $1,000 or so for new wheels!

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes! I like them very much! I haven’t had the opportunity to drive them a lot yet as I’m still in rebuild mode. But they feel good so far.

I went back and fourth because ultimately I would have liked larger diameter wheels & tires. But, the wheels look great and I think will look even better once they’re polished and have the new smooth center caps.

The combination of the 2” lowered rear suspension, wider (beefier) tires and raised lettering gives it a classic muscle truck look.

I’m very pleased and didn’t spent another $1,000 or so for new wheels!
Thanks for letting me know.