Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Need help figuring out suspension for my 99 Tahoe 2wd. Long story short I had another one 4wd loaded with all the bells and whistles and it was stolen. Got it back in shambles and realized it’d be cheaper to just buy another one and flip flop a few things. Well I jumped the gun on a 2wd model for the matching paint color (I was swapping the hood) did a few things to get it to work including 2”adapters all around a 2” suspension lift with coil springs and realized the rear sagged so I did what any responsible husband and father does and spends a thousand dollars on new leaf springs in hopes of leveling it out. Well it did that plus some. I’ve been looking into doing a spindle lift to try and level the front out but I’m unsure about the spindles coupled with the bigger springs from the suspension lift. Someone help my better understand this please. I’m a little slow so don’t use big words. Thank you. Pic is my old Tahoe if anyone was wondering.

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpeg
    IMG_0632.jpeg
    349.3 KB · Views: 3

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Why don't you just dearch the rear springs?

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Okay that’s a new one for me. What exactly does that mean?
The new springs have an arch in them that sets the ride height. You can either remove the spring packs and remove a leaf on each side to lower the amount of lift at the back or leave all the spring leaves in the pack and have some of the arch removed from the leaves themselves. There is an arch/curve to the spring leaves. They can have some of that curve taken out, flattened a little, so to speak. there is a science to it. I used to run a shop, here in Eugene, Oregon, where we built our own spring packs for customers. We could do exactly what I just described.

Reaction score
Pic is the current project before and after new leaf springs. Honestly the most cost effective way to add height to the front and level it that way is what I’m looking for really
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_1532.jpeg
    IMG_1532.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 3

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The other thing to consider, is that after you drive the truck around for a while and the rear leaf springs are jounced, they will settle slightly. If you level immediately, with what I just described, they could settle and then be a little low.

Reaction score
I did think about that I am going to wait a few weeks of driving before I do anything to it see what it does and go from there. I’ve also heard the new springs settling doesn’t make much of a difference like maybe a half inch or so. I guess I’m just getting a head start at exploring my options. I’m not really a total beginner but I’m far from a pro. So any tips or tricks regarding this platform in general is helpful.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If it gets that far, the spring leaf removal or dearch, is a "no parts expense".