I think I fried something someone please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey there so I have a 1994 k1500 and I had a pesky battery that wont stay charged. Anyhow I charged the battery and found out that my headlight switch needs swapped because the dome light comes on when I shut the door and tail lights are constant when the headlights are on and dash lights don't work, ect. Anyways I couldn't get the negative terminal off so I disconnected the positive. I didn't though anything in doing so but now I hook the battery back up and nothing it won't start but turns over. Tried to jump it and it still won't start. Could it be kust a really bad battery or do you think I fried something and if so what would I check to find out? Please help thanks.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I'd replace the known bad problem (battery) before looking into anything else. Cranking is not indicative of enough power leftover to still power the ECM to fire the fuel pump, spark, and injectors.

jd33173

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
may or may not have - first thing i would do is check my fuses just in case one popped for whatever reason.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there so I have a 1994 k1500 and I had a pesky battery that wont stay charged.
They'll do that if the dome light stays on.
Anyhow I charged the battery and found out that my headlight switch needs swapped because the dome light comes on when I shut the door
Headlight switch has nothing to do with dome lights.
Two things to check for there are being sure the panel dimmer is not rolled all the way up into the dome light position and check your door switches to make sure they are working. Look for the plastic button missing from the inner door panel that pushes the dome light switch plunger.
and tail lights are constant when the headlights are on
Yeah,they're supposed to do that.
and dash lights don't work, ect.
That may be a fuse,bulbs or IP dimmer.
Anyways I couldn't get the negative terminal off so I disconnected the positive. I didn't though anything in doing so but now I hook the battery back up and nothing it won't start but turns over. Tried to jump it and it still won't start. Could it be kust a really bad battery or do you think I fried something and if so what would I check to find out? Please help thanks.
Could be a shorted battery or really dirty terminals,make sure they are clean.