Wipers/drivers brake light and turn signal issues. Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update on wipers:
I was able to finally diagnose it is likely a grounding issue. I hard grounded the wiper motor case to the body and it worked completly normal. I also pull tbe connector for the wiper sprayer motor and hard wired it and it worked well. I am not exactly sure what I should be looking for now or how to fix this. I tried to follow the ground for botb and they lead into the cab under dash.
Again, this electrical manual is for the 93 suburban ,yukon and others...But here's the wiper section in case it helps. Sorry if it's out of focus.. I'm guessing there are maybe more relevant manuals here on the site too..

Attachments

• IMG20230816062042.jpg
    IMG20230816062042.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG20230816062056.jpg
    IMG20230816062056.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG20230816062103.jpg
    IMG20230816062103.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG20230816062114.jpg
    IMG20230816062114.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 10

GMT400Frank

Reaction score
Thank you! I found them on this forum to download and found g106 ground was not hooked up and when PO did the swap the wire was cut and tucked behind engine and back into the loom unhooked. Hook it up and wipers working finally!

Still having drivers side brake light/ signal issues and not both left and right signal are controlling the passenger side light lol! Likely a wiring issue.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All areas of vehicles are identified as if you are in driver's seat. Left side drivers side, right side pax side. Left head light etc.
You last post a little confusing.
Have normal taillights?
Have normal brake lights?
What does turn signal do?

GMT400Frank

Reaction score
All areas of vehicles are identified as if you are in driver's seat. Left side drivers side, right side pax side. Left head light etc.
You last post a little confusing.
Have normal taillights?
Have normal brake lights?
What does turn signal do?
Passenger side tailight functions completely normally.

Drivers side tailight does not funtions normally. The only time I get any response from it is when i have my headlights on then they turn on but still no brake or turn signal indicator.

What I mean by left and right is indication of which turn signal that I turn on. Sorry for that confusion. "Not" is a typo and meant to say "now both left and right turn signal indicators are both showing on passenger side tailight as if I were turning right (toward passenger side) when my turn signal stalk is indicating I want to turn left (toward drivers side).

Not sure if that makes sense but both directions of my turn signal stalk are showing on passenger side only.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No ,do you mean to say," with left turn selected, right tail light turn flashes. ? The brake light bulb and turn signal are same bulb. You have the wire diagram and logic tree. I don't remember where I read but someone had bad emergency flashers switch that was failed internally. And had abnormal lighting actions. Do the troubleshooting, you have info you need. Try not to mix , drive, pax, rt. lt, in same subject .
Before hitting the post , is it plain & simple to understand.