I think I fried something someone please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there so I have a 1994 k1500 and I had a pesky battery that wont stay charged. Anyhow I charged the battery and found out that my headlight switch needs swapped because the dome light comes on when I shut the door
My Trailblazer does this--sort of. Comes on when the door is opened, but doesn't turn off when the door is shut until a timer runs down. Part of the "convenience lighting", so you can see to buckle the seat belt and get the key in the lock cylinder.

I don't know if a '94 would have that or not.

As said already, I don't think the headlight switch would be involved in that wiring.

I couldn't get the negative terminal off so I disconnected the positive.
As Caman96 alluded to, this is not good practice. OTOH, it shouldn't cause problems provided you don't ground the tool you're using to tighten the connection.

Sure does make me wonder WHY you couldn't get the negative cable off, and also how corroded it and the battery terminal are.

it won't start but turns over. Tried to jump it and it still won't start.
Does it crank at normal speed? Or does it crank slowly?

I'd replace TEST the known bad problem (battery) before looking into anything else.
FIFY.

Cranking is not indicative of enough power leftover to still power the ECM to fire the fuel pump, spark, and injectors.
If it cranks as fast as normal, battery power shouldn't be a problem. Whether that power is getting to all the places it needs to (failed fuses, popped circuit breakers, failed fusible links, corroded connections, broken wires, etc.) is another matter.

Jobey

Reaction score
Hey there so I have a 1994 k1500 and I had a pesky battery that wont stay charged. Anyhow I charged the battery and found out that my headlight switch needs swapped because the dome light comes on when I shut the door and tail lights are constant when the headlights are on and dash lights don't work, ect. Anyways I couldn't get the negative terminal off so I disconnected the positive. I didn't though anything in doing so but now I hook the battery back up and nothing it won't start but turns over. Tried to jump it and it still won't start. Could it be kust a really bad battery or do you think I fried something and if so what would I check to find out? Please help thanks.
I had that problem once and after banging my head against the wall for almost a month I found that it ended up being a bad ground between my motor and the frame.