PLEASE help me find mounts for my 4.3L k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, 96/97 4.3’s have different mounts than 95 4.3’s and prior.
iI Dont know about 96/97 mounts but on my last swap (93 4.3 to 5.7) you just take the plates off just as knuckle dragger said and 350 goes right in. and going with gm's interchange record you would thing all gmt 400's would be the same . ( been in auto parts biz since 1977) and a lifelong chevy fan

ellessroy

Reaction score
Are you doing an LS swap or is this strictly factory replacement for factory application?

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Are you doing an LS swap or is this strictly factory replacement for factory application?

If you are asking about the V6 to V8 and going with the LS, I took out the 4.3 and put in a 5.3. I installed V8 mounts in stock V8 positions using the factory brackets and adapter plates on the LS block

ellessroy

Reaction score
If you are asking about the V6 to V8 and going with the LS, I took out the 4.3 and put in a 5.3. I installed V8 mounts in stock V8 positions using the factory brackets and adapter plates on the LS block

ICS makes a hell of a nice plate dont they? Right up until you want to mount your ac pump anyway. Anyway was going to suggest that very thing if you were swaping to the LS platform.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
This was not my experience with my 94. I unbolted the V6 "pads" for lack of a better word and was able to bolt the V8 mounts on the frame using the holes already there. No welding required, easy as hell. When I sold the 4.3 I gave the guy the pads because he was swapping from a V8 to the V6. He bolted everything in just as easy as I took it out. Part of Chevy's long standing popularity with hod rodders is the interchangeability.

Bolts were seized pretty good on my '98 when I went to remove the frame-side mounts so we just cut the bolt heads off.
Installing the V8 mounts, we welded them to the frame as we had just cut the bolts for the 6's mounts, ...& the welder was right there.
This truck will never have a V6 re-installed, & welding the mounts didn't require another hour long return trip to the parts store for the bolts.
At that point in the day, I really didn't care if they were bolted or welded. Attitude = "Screw it. Burn 'em."

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
ICS makes a hell of a nice plate dont they? Right up until you want to mount your ac pump anyway. Anyway was going to suggest that very thing if you were swaping to the LS platform.

I don't remember who's parts I used, that name isn't familiar. It's been in and running for 5 years and 35K miles. I notched the frame to clear the compressor.

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not hijacking, but the new L31s from GM are now all 4 bolt main. Does that mean you just have to weld on another set of mounts on a 98 Vortec 5.7 replacement?

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not hijacking, but the new L31s from GM are now all 4 bolt main. Does that mean you just have to weld on another set of mounts on a 98 Vortec 5.7 replacement?

4 bolt main has nothing to do with engine mounting. That's in reference to how many bolts secure the main bearing caps to the block.

Reaction score
I am confused by this thread. Did OP actually get those mounts from NAPA to work? I ordered the passenger side one and the holes did not line up properly on my 97 K1500 4.3. I happen to also have a 97 C1500 available to me and it is definitely a different set up for the orientation and construction of the mounts.