PLEASE help me find mounts for my 4.3L k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lilredk1500

Reaction score
I finally got to the bottom of this!!
The information bellow is in relation to 1996-1997 k1500 auto 4.3’s.

Called a GM dealer, and they confirmed that 1997 k1500 350 mounts are NOT the same as 1997 k1500 4.3 mounts. The parts diagrams and OEM part numbers ARE different!!

But I finally found the mounts!!!!!!
NAPA has them!!

Balkamp brand (NAPA in-house brand)
6022221 left
6022231 right

hope this helps for anyone else!

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I wasn't clear, my point was that K1500 and C1500 frames are the same, and that V6 mounts for either K or C models would likely be the same as well, thus enabling you to use C series mounts. GM didn't manufacture separate 4.3 motors for K and C models.
Regardless, glad you've found some.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I’ve thought about a 350, but I quiet honestly like the 4.3 for what it is. It does what I need it to do for my little truck.
if I wanna go faster, I got a race car.

The framing is compatible. I’ve bin told by two different mechanics that the trani will and won’t bolt up to a 350.

The trans behind your 4.3 will absolutely bolt up to a 350.
The V6 is just an SBC, less the front 2 cylinders.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Dumb question off subject. So if you wanted to throw in a 350 would you be able to do it or would it be a pain because of the frame?

And no I'm not saying swap your motor I'm just curious on how different the 8 vs 6 set up is

The diff is also in the frame-side engine mounts. The V6's are mounted further back on the rails.
To go to a V8, those V6 mounts have to be cut off & V8 ones welded on in the right spot.
Moving the V6 mounts forward will not work, obviously as the engine side mounts between a 6 & an 8 are different.
Swapping the V6 mounts from one side of the frame to the other, even when mounting in the further ahead V8 position, also does not work for a V8 install.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The diff is also in the frame-side engine mounts. The V6's are mounted further back on the rails.
To go to a V8, those V6 mounts have to be cut off & V8 ones welded on in the right spot.
Moving the V6 mounts forward will not work, obviously as the engine side mounts between a 6 & an 8 are different.
Swapping the V6 mounts from one side of the frame to the other, even when mounting in the further ahead V8 position, also does not work for a V8 install.

Awesome thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind whenever my friend does his swap

Lilredk1500

Reaction score
Ok.

I got some more intel fellas!
618 Syndicate, ur right, c/k mounts for the 96/97 4.3’s ARE the same!
On the NAPA site, their part numbers for the c/k mounts for the 96/97 4.3’s are identical.
Which means that I was now able to search for the c OEM part numbers and found OEM mounts for my truck!!!

thx guys!!

Great forum here btw!!

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
. The V6's are mounted further back on the rails.

This was not my experience with my 94. I unbolted the V6 "pads" for lack of a better word and was able to bolt the V8 mounts on the frame using the holes already there. No welding required, easy as hell. When I sold the 4.3 I gave the guy the pads because he was swapping from a V8 to the V6. He bolted everything in just as easy as I took it out. Part of Chevy's long standing popularity with hod rodders is the interchangeability.

Lilredk1500

Reaction score
This was not my experience with my 94. I unbolted the V6 "pads" for lack of a better word and was able to bolt the V8 mounts on the frame using the holes already there. No welding required, easy as hell. When I sold the 4.3 I gave the guy the pads because he was swapping from a V8 to the V6. He bolted everything in just as easy as I took it out. Part of Chevy's long standing popularity with hod rodders is the interchangeability.

Correct me if I’m wrong, 96/97 4.3’s have different mounts than 95 4.3’s and prior.