Pictures of my truck with my Dad's bagged 72!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Badass trucks but your dad wins lol love the 72s I want one so bad
I completely agree! I love 67-72 Chevy trucks. My goal is to find a nice black 4x4 and lift it! That way my dad can have the bagged one and I can have one lifted 6" on 35's!! :)

That's right you messaged me asking for opinion. The 4.56 are night/day difference aren't they! Is that 33's and 4.56? Bet that **** ROMPS.

To be honest, I am not really impressed with them at all. It is definitely improvement because 3.42s with 34" tires SUCKED! I have 295/75/16 tires that are 33.8" tall I believe so I consider them 34." Anyway, the guy that installed them said that it would feel like it did before changing the tires maybe just a slight better but nothing that great and I completely agree. It basically feels just a little better then it did stock. Did you notice a big difference with yours??

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To be honest, I am not really impressed with them at all. It is definitely improvement because 3.42s with 34" tires SUCKED! I have 295/75/16 tires that are 33.8" tall I believe so I consider them 34." Anyway, the guy that installed them said that it would feel like it did before changing the tires maybe just a slight better but nothing that great and I completely agree. It basically feels just a little better then it did stock. Did you notice a big difference with yours??

LoL I hear you man. I guess gears get more amazing with bigger tires, because it amazes me how much pep mine has with 37's. I mean, the complete basis for all of your power and pep is in the gearing you choose. Plus I have TBI which is definitely an inferior engine to the vortec (other than torque) so gears really made a difference for me because these motors are sort of dogs already, so you can imagine how boggy they would be undergeared. With 4.56's and "34's" you're really just returning it to 3.42 and 265 ratio, so maybe it's not that amazing but if you don't notice very much power increase you def will notice better gas mileage than before but just not above 70 mph :D Yours is set best for around town speeds 0-60. Going with a bigger tire you would lose low end take off and gain top end speed, which I've given a little and gotten some once I stepped up to 37's. I really like how it's geared right now with the 4.56's and true 37's. Since the TBI is a low rpm torque motor, the 4.56s, 37's, and true duals are a good counter for that top end speed.

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LoL I hear you man. I guess gears get more amazing with bigger tires, because it amazes me how much pep mine has with 37's. I mean, the complete basis for all of your power and pep is in the gearing you choose. Plus I have TBI which is definitely an inferior engine to the vortec (other than torque) so gears really made a difference for me because these motors are sort of dogs already, so you can imagine how boggy they would be undergeared. With 4.56's and "34's" you're really just returning it to 3.42 and 265 ratio, so maybe it's not that amazing but if you don't notice very much power increase you def will notice better gas mileage than before but just not above 70 mph :D Yours is set best for around town speeds 0-60. Going with a bigger tire you would lose low end take off and gain top end speed, which I've given a little and gotten some once I stepped up to 37's. I really like how it's geared right now with the 4.56's and true 37's. Since the TBI is a low rpm torque motor, the 4.56s, 37's, and true duals are a good counter for that top end speed.

Yeah I love the look of your truck with 37's! Your truck is the perfect stance and setup for OBS trucks IMHO. I also took the steps off of mine and like the look of it without them so much better!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks a lot man I think the same also I wouldn't wanna go any bigger than 37s either. Been debating a small BL

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah black98, if only my paint was in half as good condition as yours man....:drool: And it's funny the 72 came up because my dream truck for later down the road when I'm filthy rich $$$ (yea right) is a lifted 72 4x4 BLACK. That body style is just so RAW and perfect, I love it. If I'm not mistaken, someone posted up a lifted black 72 4x4 in "gmt400 you can't quit looking @" thread. Go check it out!