Wonder how rare my truck is

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That's a screenshot from the 1998 brochure, no LS trim level there. Someone must have stuck that badge on there.

Hey, @chevroletgris98 , has it had a LS motor swapped in by chance? Is so.... mystery solved.
No, the motor is all stock and it’s been like that pretty much it’s entire life the truck was originally owned by my father and he’s never LS swapped it but I believe he could’ve most likely put that LS emblem on the truck now that I think about it the LS emblem probably isn’t original after all.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
No, the motor is all stock and it’s been like that pretty much it’s entire life the truck was originally owned by my father and he’s never LS swapped it but I believe he could’ve most likely put that LS emblem on the truck now that I think about it the LS emblem probably isn’t original after all.
Looking at your picture, the emblem location is correct for the 99-00 trucks...but the emblem itself actually looks like the one that was used on the NBS trucks (99-up Silverados). The one for the carryover 400 pickups and the SUVs is more rectangular; the NBS one is more rounded. But some companies use the emblem on both series trucks.
And a lot of the aftermarket emblems melt when exposed to lots of sun; the one on my Burb has done that!