Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kingsherm

Reaction score
Hello! New to the channel as of today. I am reaching out to see if anyone can answer some questions I have about my pickup as I have not come across any others that are exactly the same. I have a stock 1994, Cheyenne, K1500, 4X4, short box, single cab, manual(low 1st 2nd 3rd OD reverse), I believe it's the NV4500. How common is it for a short box single cab to even have this transmission? I read somewhere the NV4500 only came in the 1500 if it was a special order. is this true? Does anyone know where i can go to get production numbers of the same specs? Google hasn't helped and I am currently stationed overseas and don't have a local dealership i can go to. Also, the drop downs on the Edmunds website didn't even have options for my pickup. I asked the guy who bought it new off the lot back in 94 and he confirmed it's the original drivetrain. Anyways, just looking for any information pertaining to my truck and if it's rare or if i just don't get out enough haha.
UPDATE: i just included a snapshot of the "build sheet" when i entered my VIN into vindecoderz.com

Attachments

• pickup shifter.jpg
    pickup shifter.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 44
  • pickup.jpg
    pickup.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 1500 build sheete.PNG
    1500 build sheete.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, RPO MT8 is the NV4500 (later years it changed to MW3), 5 speed w/granny low + overdrive. Uncommon in a 1500 for sure. Haven't researched it but it's likely in the sales packets you can read on GM's Heritage site whether or not it had to be special ordered. I did have a 1994 GMC C1500 a while back that came with the NV4500.

If you have your VIN decoded on Compnine's site it will give you a breakdown of how many trucks in your particular year model were optioned with each RPO code your truck has.

Richard

GMCTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In 1995, I test drove a light duty 2500 (7200 GVWR) and it had the MW3 heavy duty manual. I think that it was listed as optional in the 1/2 ton and light 3/4 ton up to about that time but not after. I do remember that the salesman said that it was special ordered for someone who then never bought it.