CHEAP Headers for 1994 K1500 4x4 pickup??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is cool I did not know that I take it that they require a full custom exhaust. do you run into a problem with them like the jegs offroad y pipe on lifted 4x4s? on the jegs pipe you have to cut it and make it longer cause it is in the way of the driveshaft
I built my own system from the collectors back.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what headers did you use? I´m about to put some on a 1990 K1500, trying to decide what to buy.:eek::)
Hedman 69840 Elite Ultra-Duty HTC Coated Full Length Headers, I had to weld in the bungs for the original O2 and a WO2. I noticed someone on here mentioned the shifter linkage clearance but I have a cable floor shifter so I can't confirm the clearance on that, but I did bend the bracket that holds the fuel lines up higher to prevent heating the fuel lines.

1990Z71Swede

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hedman 69840 Elite Ultra-Duty HTC Coated Full Length Headers, I had to weld in the bungs for the original O2 and a WO2. I noticed someone on here mentioned the shifter linkage clearance but I have a cable floor shifter so I can't confirm the clearance on that, but I did bend the bracket that holds the fuel lines up higher to prevent heating the fuel lines.
Great they have some chepo variants of that one that are just painted. I might go with one of those, that way if a little tweaking is needed there is no coating that will get destroyed.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hed-69440/make/chevrolet/model/k1500/year/1990

Vettepilot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the "word"? Are there headers that will fit a 1994 4x4 pickup with independent front suspension, and if so, what brands??

Both Summit and Jegs say they have them to fit, but others have said they do not actually fit. There surely appears to be room for them on the truck....

Anyone have the real answer(s)???

Thanks!!

Vettepilot

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what's the "word"? Are there headers that will fit a 1994 4x4 pickup with independent front suspension, and if so, what brands??

Both Summit and Jegs say they have them to fit, but others have said they do not actually fit. There surely appears to be room for them on the truck....

Anyone have the real answer(s)???

Thanks!!

Vettepilot
See post 14 above.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should of added that mine is a 1988 350TBI in case it makes a difference.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I should of added that mine is a 1988 350TBI in case it makes a difference.
as far as I know all small block tbi exhaust is the same from the first year 87 to the last year 95 only difference should be if the truck has a (smog A. I. R.) pump or not and square bodies have the y pipe exit on the drivers side and gmt400s on the passenger side