CHEAP Headers for 1994 K1500 4x4 pickup??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vettepilot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need really cheap set of full length headers for my 1994 GMC K1500 4x4 pickup.

What changed that would affect fitment from between 1992 to 1995 on these trucks?? Some listings show fitment from 1988 all the way to 1995. Others show only up to 1992.

Jegs has a set that would work perfect for me, but I don't know if they'll fit my 1994 model.

I can cut/weld, so if it's just O2 sensor placement or something simple, I can handle that. But this is a rush job so I can't afford big issues, returns, etc.

Can someone tell me why some headers list fitment all the way to 1995, but others stop at 1992?? All the ones that show fitment to 1995 are either too expensive, or out of stock for weeks.

Help!!??

Thanks,
Vettepilot

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I do not think you can run long tubes on a 4x4 and if you can it would require a full custom exhaust that means cutting and welding. as far a cheap goes I think these are the cheapest you can get some one I use to know has a set on a vortec with the vortec jegs offroad y pipe the hardware is not that good but works and can not say any thing good or bad about the gaskets these bolt to the factory y pipe or after market y pipe https://www.ebay.com/itm/1655124351...JTDARX%2BAax5JXmI%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would ask the header manufacturer what the difference is. You could do that, call them or email. They built them they would give you an exact answer.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't speak for the difference between C and K trucks, but a second O2 sensor is the difference between TBI and Vortec headers.

Vettepilot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well sure, there's lots of long tube headers for 4x4's. I've used them many times, and often find fitment easier than 2wd.

Yes, I'll make some calls tomorrow, but was hoping to find some online today for planning.

Thanks,
Vettepilot

99xcss4

Reaction score
Well sure, there's lots of long tube headers for 4x4's. I've used them many times, and often find fitment easier than 2wd.

Yes, I'll make some calls tomorrow, but was hoping to find some online today for planning.

Thanks,
Vettepilot
I have never seen a set of long tubes on an ifs 4x4 older solid front axle is another story

99xcss4

Reaction score
I have them on mine, just got to make sure you get the right ones and they will fit perfectly.
that is cool I did not know that I take it that they require a full custom exhaust. do you run into a problem with them like the jegs offroad y pipe on lifted 4x4s? on the jegs pipe you have to cut it and make it longer cause it is in the way of the driveshaft