Patiently waiting for summer.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spf1268

The Dude Abides..
Reaction score
Nice MC's

Those 70-72 Montes were great cruisers back in the day.
Many of them were fully loaded power everything AC cruise buckets console tilt F41 rear sway bar ...

I always loved that 1 yard deep fan shroud in that huge engine compartment on the small blocks

spf1268

The Dude Abides..
Reaction score
Here is a pic of a not-great MC engine compartment with the small block and huge fan shroud.
Talk about engine setback..

You must be registered for see images attach

Aeroscream

Reaction score
Love the 1st gen Montes, my favorite. Is there room for a G-Body Monte?.
No longer in the stable, but a car I owned nearly as long as I've had my truck.
Only the roof and quarters are factory.
Everything else was fabricated.
2160 lbs. 540 dominater carb no adder's.
Lenco shifted 4 spd. Chute was functional and mandatory.

Attachments

• 4828.jpg
    4828.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 5

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Here is a pic of a not-great MC engine compartment with the small block and huge fan shroud.
Talk about engine setback..

You must be registered for see images attach
That's why NASCAR loved them back in the day. That engine setback being factory, was perfectly legal way to get much better handling and weight distribution. They were 116" wheelbase like the 4 door/ wagon GM midsize cars, instead of 112" WB like the 2 door ones. Still fairly roomy inside though.
My dad and I had 3 first generation MC's, his were 72s and mine was a 70 with a 72 front clip. We got them back in the 80s when you could still find them reasonably priced, and they were still popping up in the pick a part yards too. Cars have been long gone, but I still have some parts....