OEM fender flares for 92-99 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking for used set of fender flares for 92-99 suburban , I know I can eBay them , but waiting to see if bargain arises here for a set
Prefer storm gray in color !

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The suburban are the same as truck. Has the same body lines. Then decide body color or black. Treasure yards have them.
The Tahoe 4 door are different as the rear is a two piece part.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The suburban are the same as truck. Has the same body lines. Then decide body color or black. Treasure yards have them.
The Tahoe 4 door are different as the rear is a two piece part.
ok good info …so I knew the fronts were same as a truck .. I thought the rears were proprietary to the suburban rear quarter shape , makes sense now .. My tire / wheel offset unfortunately living on a dirt road W / rain kicks out a lot of mud .. thinking flares will calm all that down a little.
So now I can pull a set from any 88-98 pickup and it will fit ! I see a lot of them at the yards ….but never had my drill gun on hand to drill out the (usual) stripped out rusty Phillips screws that bolt them on

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What size are the tires you're trying cover as the 1988 factory flares would be lucky to give you an extra 1/2 inch of cover, they were more for looks than practical use? I don't know if the later models gave any more real coverage.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What size are the tires you're trying cover as the 1988 factory flares would be lucky to give you an extra 1/2 inch of cover, they were more for looks than practical use? I don't know if the later models gave any more real coverage.

Side profile , 12.5”s 20x10 -24 offset so yea maybe a wider set would be better, just something to kick the rain water down some .. but I still want a factory style . Just wider .. and am not putting holes thru body . 3m double side and probably bolt or screw through the fender lip where the factory stainless trim was .

Def don’t like the riveted look of the huge flares that have rivet impressions or real holes to bolt through..IMO need something in between large and oem
You must be registered for see images attach

Shwa Kid

Reaction score
My understanding was that there's different versions based on 4x4 or 4x2, with the 4x4's being wider. Based on the above photo, neither would be wide enough.

Edit - same 4x4 vs 4x2, see post #9.

Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The flares I got for my truck are: Xenon® 8620 - Street Style Front and Rear Fender Flares Kit. They were the widest I could find that didn't require cut the guards and bolting in place. They use screws under the lip and 3m tape against the body.