Painting my 98 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Black isn't a color, It's a shade :)

If you do get it painted black again, don't use a towel to dry it, use a shammy, as you probably know already, black scratches easier than a home schooled kids knee.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
thank you guys a lot for the input. so keep the gloss black?? btw cousin is a professional mechanic/painter/restorer

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Black isn't a color, It's a shade :)

If you do get it painted black again, don't use a towel to dry it, use a shammy, as you probably know already, black scratches easier than a home schooled kids knee.

Thats just b/c black shows every little imperfection. If there are any small dings it'll shop up 10x worse on a black car than on a white car. Thats pretty much a rule of thumb for any dark color though. I'm debating having mine resprayed with the stock Emeral Green with the rockers in bedliner.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Alright y'all. Im having my cousin paint my truck for me for free (except for paint cost) this christmas and i honestly cannot decide what color to paint it. I was thinking keeping it black; or changing it to red, white, flat black, or dark blue.

heres what it looks like now.
You must be registered for see images attach

did you photoshop the parking light here? and corner lights? looks mint either way.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for simplicity i would say stick with a nice deep black

as long as its paint properly black will be the easiest and best option

but if you are set on changing colors i suggest TEAL!!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
but if you are set on changing colors i suggest TEAL!!

This guy knows what's up!!! :lol: If anything, it makes it easy to recognize.

As suggested, I would get a paintable smoothie, and a valance. It would really look good. However, I'm going to disagree with Southern, on your truck, I like the corners the way they are. Same with the bowtie. They pop up against the black. Gloss black on the door handles makes a HUGE difference too.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
glad someone is with me on the teal color

i love my color...every few others around me with the same color...and none just like mine...i like to be unique