Painting my 98 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
Alright y'all. Im having my cousin paint my truck for me for free (except for paint cost) this christmas and i honestly cannot decide what color to paint it. I was thinking keeping it black; or changing it to red, white, flat black, or dark blue.

heres what it looks like now.
You must be registered for see images attach

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on what you want, if you do a color change then do it right. Otherwise every time you open the hood or doors it'll be obvious. I'd say just re-shoot it black but thats just my opinion. It'll be alot less work & still look new again.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I'd like to see synergy green on one of these trucks.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have to stay with the best color there is, black because it looks the best when it's clean and for all the other reasons these guys said. Dang it I wish my cousin just up and decided to paint my truck for christmas that's one hell of a deal!!

Jeeves

Reaction score
If you get a good gloss on it, I'd stay black. I've seen some black trucks that look like they've come right off the line and the features are visible. Some black trucks with weathered paint have a tendency to hide features.

Plus, you wouldn't have to get in all those annoying nooks and crannys if you kept it black.

SC REBEL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep stay with black because it is a pain to completely change the color, I mean it is goin to cost me $2200 to have my TAN truck sanded, blocked, painted, wet sanded, and painted with "triple black"

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also have your cousin paint those orange corner lights, handles, and mirrors gloss black IMO it will look 1000x better.