Painting my 98 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This guy knows what's up!!! :lol: If anything, it makes it easy to recognize.

As suggested, I would get a paintable smoothie, and a valance. It would really look good. However, I'm going to disagree with Southern, on your truck, I like the corners the way they are. Same with the bowtie. They pop up against the black. Gloss black on the door handles makes a HUGE difference too.

I feel you but I think you just like them in that picture but the pic has something done to make them look cool but in real life corners do not stand out or look that cool IMO BLACK! Your parking lights can light up orange and that is better contrast but I just little plastic details like corners should always be painted or tinted or whatever your fancy cuz quality = the attention to details!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
glad someone is with me on the teal color
i love my color...every few others around me with the same color...and none just like mine...i like to be unique

Although I would never pick teal I like it because it's looks so clean and stays clean too I bet.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
thanks a lot guys i appreciate it.

I'm getting tow mirrors like urs southern pride except with the markers/turn signals (which will also be painted. as for the front markers they'll be tinted and i painted my bowtie like the SS version (black with red trim). btw ur truck is dope as hell

as for adam i love ur truck it looks so sick! but I'm more of a true blue or black person. but then again eventually ill be able to recognize my truck anyway ;) aka SAS :lol:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good. I'm glad your tinting them and going with a black/red theme. Something about black/red is sooooo EVIL :evillol: IMO