P0420

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen people run the spark plug non fouler on deleted cats might as well try it on mine since the cat is bad...from the way it sounds it maybe mostly gutted anyways lol
I tried just the non foulers, and that didn't work, so I made a set of car simulators. Here's my write up, on what I did. They've been on my truck for several years, and work grate.
Thread 'remove your cats, and make a mini cat for your rear 02 sensors.' https://www.gmt400.com/threads/remove-your-cats-and-make-a-mini-cat-for-your-rear-02-sensors.30681/

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried just the non foulers, and that didn't work, so I made a set of car simulators. Here's my write up, on what I did. They've been on my truck for several years, and work grate.
Thread 'remove your cats, and make a mini cat for your rear 02 sensors.' https://www.gmt400.com/threads/remove-your-cats-and-make-a-mini-cat-for-your-rear-02-sensors.30681/

Sweet I'm definetly gonna try this. Gonna try it without the honeycomb first and if that doesn't work I think I have an old cat somewhere I can make it out of. So you need 2 non foulers for one 02 right.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweet I'm definetly gonna try this. Gonna try it without the honeycomb first and if that doesn't work I think I have an old cat somewhere I can make it out of. So you need 2 non foulers for one 02 right.
Correct. If you read through my write up, you will see I used 2 different part numbers. 1 is a little longer, than the other 1.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently I was getting cat codes too. Went away after cap/rotor replacement.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i bought the short non fouler...02 woulnd't thread in gotta get a longer one lol

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I had p0420 recently,my catalytic converted disintegrated. So maybe yours is on it's last legs too.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had p0420 when my cayalytic converter was desintegrating(ceramic insides cracked). I bought AP products one( I think 200 or 400-can't remember),and had it spliced in-the code hasn't returned since.Maybe yours is on it's last legs too?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine posted on Facebook yesterday, "Happy P0420 Day!" Apparently he's having catalytic converter problems with his Crown Vic.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to update. used two of the short non foulers and put them together. Had to drill one out so the sensor would fit in it, also had to crusht he end of the sensor lol.

So far 90 miles and no ligth sooooo