Ordering from Lmctruck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is my first time buying from LMC and I am going to order a heavy duty headlight harness and Four high mod from lmc truck but i have some questions.

when i order the heavy duty harness do i need to order the replacement relay at the bottom of the list?
https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/wiring-components/cd-heavy-duty-headlight-harness
when i order the four high mod do i need to order the replacement relay?
https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/cd-1988-98-high-beam-headlight-relay-kit

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't you call them and ask? It looks to me like each harness (A, B, & C), on the 1st link is specific to each different model/type of headlights. Your 2nd post will do just what it says but you'll need the 1st harness so you can get enough juice to all 4 lights at once.

BTW, a couple members here make those "4 HI Mod Harnesses".

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
You only need to order the replacement relay if you just want a spare or two on hand.

FWI I put the LMC headlight harness in my truck, except I just did a 4 hi to it by adding the diode. It's a good kit. But by the time i had it all set up like I wanted it with wire loom, I put Bosch style relays on it, etc. I probably had near as much as the kits sold by folks here and mentioned above. Those kits are high quality long lasting, very nice plug and play kits.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve seen the four high mods and hd harness from members but they are a little out of the budget for now but thank y’all for the help i just wanted to make sure I didn’t have to get any of the replacement relays or anything

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I’ve seen the four high mods and hd harness from members but they are a little out of the budget for now but thank y’all for the help i just wanted to make sure I didn’t have to get any of the replacement relays or anything

Hit up the junkyard n grab a handful of relays. I built my own harness for like $15

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You only need to order the replacement relay if you just want a spare or two on hand.

FWI I put the LMC headlight harness in my truck, except I just did a 4 hi to it by adding the diode. It's a good kit. But by the time i had it all set up like I wanted it with wire loom, I put Bosch style relays on it, etc. I probably had near as much as the kits sold by folks here and mentioned above. Those kits are high quality long lasting, very nice plug and play kits.
How did you makes yours with the 4 high? I have a kit like the lmc with a relay in my truck and would to add that.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
How did you makes yours with the 4 high? I have a kit like the lmc with a relay in my truck and would to add that.

What I did was mounted the relay for the low beam close to the relay for the high beam. Then I added a diode that I soldered on the control side between the two relays. The diode is oriented so that with the low beams on the current to the high beam control is blocked. But with the high beam on, the high beam control and low beam control are in parallel to ground because the diode can flow current so the low beams come on too (stays on, however you want to look at it).

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I bought the LMC HD harness and the 4HI harness for my 98. I didn't have to buy any replacement relays.