Ok....I wasnt planning this originally but....'89 K3500 Straight axle conversion...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yes, just redrill all the holes.

And I meant 3 link front.

Well not exactly, your rear frame section would need to be shortened prior. The point from which the frame steps up behind the cab, to the the bumper is about 18" longer then the shortbox frame section. So the hangers would need to be moved, but the frame would need to be shortened first in order to allow the right angle and location for the hangers.

Hmmm def worth some thought thats for sure! One thing I like about the truck being an Lb is that I still have around 6ft of box space left with my tool box in place.

Powered by Detroit Diesel

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Ok what is your guys opinion of the Off road unlimited kit? If i'm understanding right on stock height leaf springs the kit adds 3" of lift over the stock ifs height correct?

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orustore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=1158&idproduct=10756

So if I were to use 2.5" lift springs for a square body I would have 5.5" of lift correct and 7" on 4" springs right?