Ok....I wasnt planning this originally but....'89 K3500 Straight axle conversion...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can I ask why you decided to go the SAS route with your 3500 Chris? I'm sure you said, but I must of missed it!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Ok P2, Jack....instead of smart a$$ comments about how I change my mind frequently how about adding some useful info eh?

Powered by Detroit Diesel

My smart a$$ comments were directed at P2, not you. :p

But I think you should try to do a 3 link. And make the truck a short box while you're at it.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Can I ask why you decided to go the SAS route with your 3500 Chris? I'm sure you said, but I must of missed it!

Mostly due to a sas being a more durable setup with bigger tires for similar costs to doing a pro comp 6" lift...plus easier to add more lift later if I so chose

My smart a$$ comments were directed at P2, not you. :p

But I think you should try to do a 3 link. And make the truck a short box while you're at it.

3 link rear suspension you mean? Since I am changing the bed anyway plus I know where I can get a short box it def is an option I could consider...

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3 link rear suspension you mean? Since I am changing the bed anyway plus I know where I can get a short box it def is an option I could consider...

Shortbox swap would be very easy! Shorten frame, short wheelbase driveshaft, shorten fuel and brake lines, swap out E brake cable, and shorten some wires and your done! Shortbox swap would be awesome!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Shortbox swap would be very easy! Shorten frame, short wheelbase driveshaft, shorten fuel and brake lines, swap out E brake cable, and shorten some wires and your done! Shortbox swap would be awesome!

If I were to keep the leaf rear suspension it would be a matter of just moving the mounts forward and drilling new holes correct?