SAS K2500 99 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amrush2112

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
We made a bunch of progress on the SAS swap. Got the old IFS cut out and about to install the new brackets. Will add more photos as we get closer.
You must be registered for see images attach

amrush2112

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
We used a cut off wheel for the pass side and after using about 15 wheels on it I went and bought a plasma cutter from Harbor Freight for $400 and it cut the time in half! Really worked surprisingly well. Next we will be bolting the brackets on and mounting the springs. Had to remove 2 of the bolts on the steering box to move enough to get a puller on it for the pitman arm. Other than that it has been fairly easy but a HELL of a lot of grinding!

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is awesome. Are there any locating/positioning holes or just lots of measurements for the new brackets?

amrush2112

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is awesome. Are there any locating/positioning holes or just lots of measurements for the new brackets?
The kit I am using is from Off Road Design. If you are using the stock leaf springs from 73-87 it works with your existing bolt holes for the brackets. You will have to drill a few holes with a 1/2" drill bit but other than that it is a bolt in set up. Very well built and heavy duty! Those guys at ORD are awesome!