Tinkering with a 99 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nathanadams16

Reaction score
Please do me a favor. make a note of your hot idle oil pressure and then when you change, the same hot idle oil pressure. Curious if there is any noticeable change and how much, if at all.
5W at warm idle is 18-20psi and 10W is 20-22psi. Of course that’s if my gauge is correct. But it’s barely noticeable, even highway speed is relatively close.

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure about anyone else experience but the 97 I have has 338,000 original miles on it. This year I got a rod knock. Changed oil every 2k and replaced intake gasket once and that is as far into the motor as anyone has been. So I'm sure if you take care of it it will do the same for you. Till it Don't

nathanadams16

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure about anyone else experience but the 97 I have has 338,000 original miles on it. This year I got a rod knock. Changed oil every 2k and replaced intake gasket once and that is as far into the motor as anyone has been. So I'm sure if you take care of it it will do the same for you. Till it Don't
Yeah sometimes a little extra care goes a long way. Since I didn’t know the history of this engine I didn’t mind changing the oil again a week and a half later. Basically it was an engine flush with a lighter weight oil. And it gave me an opportunity to see if anymore gunk came out of it. Surprisingly it was pretty clean, so fingers crossed lol. We’ll see again in another 2500-3000 miles.

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea bought my 97 6 lug K2500 a few years ago had low oil pressure. Changed the oil once every 10 to 15 days. Watched oil pressure improve and I was turning 1500 to 2000 miles in it at that time. There's a story about that truck I have to share. I bought it for $2250 drove it for about a year+ and sold it to a feller for $2500. He paid $2200 and refused to contact or even pay the last $300 after six months I went and repoed it he had blown the motor. If I had known he was to stupid to drive a standard I probably would have kept it. Anyway truck at the time cost me $50 and a year of maintenance. Not to bad

svrh89

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

So far I’ve replaced the broken grille. Installed the headlights that I bought for the Yukon. Swapped the taillights, replaced the broken factory mirrors with a set of tow mirrors. New pioneer head unit and 6-1/2” kicker door speakers. Swapped door panels and a few pieces of trim. Also swapped the window switches and inner door handle and trim. Tomorrow I have an appointment to tint the windows and add vent shades.
hey, where did you get the red chevy logo? do you have a part #? I have seen them on amazon but it is hard to discern which is the correct logo for the year.