OEM mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
1994 RCSB

-Overhead Console
-1970 Pontiac TransAm Steering wheel
-Astro Van Buckets (Similar to 454ss)
-Buick Chrome tilt lever and signal lever
-Chrome ignition

my old 1989 RCSS
-2nd Gen Camaro Steering wheel

orangeastre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1998 K1500 ECSB

-leather/console swap (to replace 60/40 bench)
-passenger airbag delete
-power heated Escalade mirrors(to replace factory power mirrors)
-comp/temp mirror( to replace factory compass only)
-O/H console
-02 leather wheel w/steering wheel radio controls
-diesel bumper ( I had the truck for less than a day when I did this!)
-rear defrost
-rear seat heater vents
-Suburban pass rear door handle on pass door( no lock)
-Denali chrome inner door handles

it has taken me 7 years to track it all down but in the end it was worth it. truck is currently gutted doing the gray interior swap from blue.I will post photos when it is all back together.

onetongwa

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like those mods Orangestre.. I would like to know if the outside mirrors were Plug and Play.

And to Cdubb could you throw up some pics of the Bravada switches, and the year model....

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only bravada switches that I have are mirror and fog light they came from a pre 95 . Same as the square body blazer. I dont know if the blazers have these or not. I have not mounted them as im waiting for a diesel bumper for fogs and power to mirrors. .
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TruckinAin4Sissies

Auto-dimming/defrost (outside) mirrors

-Truckin-

These are like impossible to find!! I get to several different junk yards often and have yet to come across a set! Id love to have a set for my 94'!

Factory power heated mirrors. They came on '88-'91 OOBS SUV's, Blazers, Jimmys, Suburbans, etc.
I think that the funky addition on the bottom of the mirror is where the electronics are.

The factory controls.

therealtor1

Reaction score
Well I've been looking at all of you guys doing mods with factory equipment with from other makes and models. It has me thinking I want a 94 sierra denali. So i went to the pull your part and got some stuff to start ( overhead console, bravada mirror switches, fog light switch, leather wrapped 94 style steering wheel from a conversion burban) what other mods have you guys done....

How hard is it to do a steering wheel swap out? The old man that was my trucks PO really dogged the steering wheel and when I got the truck it had some funky purple velvet slip-on steering wheel cover (which i've since replaced with a black faux leather slip-on steering wheel cover), but i'd really like to just have a nice factory gmc steering wheel and I came across a few at the junkyard the other day. Just very cautious of whats involved as I know i'm dealing with airbags. How do you get around those without blowing the thing up in your face? Thanks.

BTW that sounds like a pretty sweet conversion list you've got started there.

onetongwa

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo..... Orangestre... How did you put rear vents in Ex Cab!!! You need to do some install threads showing some of those mods....Sounds really cool!!! Wouldn't mine knowing how to install Steering controls either.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TruckinAin4Sissies

Auto-dimming/defrost (outside) mirrors

-Truckin-

Factory power heated mirrors. They came on '88-'91 OOBS SUV's, Blazers, Jimmys, Suburbans, etc.
I think that the funky addition on the bottom of the mirror is where the electronics are.

The factory controls.

Looks like a 'sack hanging down lol.

I'm talking about the Denali/Escalade/Suburban/Tahoe gold tinted ones.

If I remember-- I'll post a pic.

-Truckin-

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How hard is it to do a steering wheel swap out? The old man that was my trucks PO really dogged the steering wheel and when I got the truck it had some funky purple velvet slip-on steering wheel cover (which i've since replaced with a black faux leather slip-on steering wheel cover), but i'd really like to just have a nice factory gmc steering wheel and I came across a few at the junkyard the other day. Just very cautious of whats involved as I know i'm dealing with airbags. How do you get around those without blowing the thing up in your face? Thanks.

BTW that sounds like a pretty sweet conversion list you've got started there.
never done one with an airbag.... Mine in a 94 so it has the older interior ( 4 spoke steering wheel)