OE Accumulator/filter drier insulation from GMT800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I was installing my reel light... I found my original foam insulation that covers the drier to be rotted out and crumbly.

I removed it, but another user suggested re-insulating it as it can affect your AC temps in the cab.

Another member, Z71Hobbs, mentioned trying the insulation from a later model truck. I had already thought about sourcing some new insulation from Home Depot or something, but this sounded better.

I ordered the insulation that I think is for the gmt800’s... listings kept changing the vehicle fitment information and Tahoe kept appearing... anyway...

AC Delco 15-10622 and 15-10617
(2 pieces are needed to cover it)

They actually fit the drier perfectly. Of course... there are some small holes that are not used, but it’s wayyy better than a bare drier.

I removed everything surrounding it to give me some room to work. I used a hose clamp I had laying around to help secure the top of the insulation and knee things right.

However, the factory mounting bracket will not close over the thicker insulation and bolt together (didn’t for me). So... in the interim, until I find a good method to secure it, I used 2 zip ties to close the clamp around the drier. You can’t see them, and they held well! Maybe I can find something similar to a toggle bolt to pull it good and tight.

The drier is secured pretty well and doesn’t move much with the bracket removed. It looks like it is just there for some extra support. Here are some pics of the progress:

You must be registered for see images attach

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s a few more... sorry they are not in order

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also noticed my 3/8id insulation going to my condenser is fully rotted out... so I going to order some of that off Amazon and get that line insulated again. I think that was the condenser line... it runs underneath your airbox.

Fukitol

Reaction score
Looks nice but did the insulation make a difference on the a/c temp?

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks nice but did the insulation make a difference on the a/c temp?

Today we have storms, so it’s a cooler day anyway... but on my way to the store... it did feel cooler than usual...

I never put a thermometer in the vents for data... but the hand says it feels cooler

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good. I seem to recall you were looking for a place to hook up your reel light. So..on the 95 trucks..the reel light has some connectors that connect to the underhood light. I’d maybe splice in there.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good. I seem to recall you were looking for a place to hook up your reel light. So..on the 95 trucks..the reel light has some connectors that connect to the underhood light. I’d maybe splice in there.

like... a factory splice I can use?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't even know they were insulated until I got the wrecked parts truck that had one. Can't you clamp the nekked can and then put the insulation over top of that? Just cut a slice in there to work with the clamp?