89 silverado 5.7 a/c

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srpember

Reaction score
I am replacing my ac system in my truck. a lot of the part were missing. I have everything installed. I realized there is only one ac service port. How am I supposed to hook gauges up to this? Am I missing something? Can some please attach some Picts of their a/c system so I can compare. The only port I have is the one close to the drier. Any help would be appreciated. The only thing That I had to modify was the liquid line. I could not find one for an 89 so I got the one for a 90 from lmc. I was not sure if the port was on that line? I have attached a Pict of the hose Assy I go t. It only has one port on it.

Attachments

• ac lines.jpg
    ac lines.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 3

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the 1989 FSM, this figure appears to show a low-side service port near the accumulator:

You must be registered for see images attach

This figure shows a high-side service port on the liquid line, as @evilunclegrimace noted, and a low-side service port near the accumulator.

You must be registered for see images attach

Factory service manuals for our trucks can be found here in .pdf form.

88-98 Service Manuals

Over the years I have collected a bunch of GM service literature. Links to PDF Scans of service and STG manuals and a links to the Parts manuals.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM moved the high side service port when they moved the orifice tube to the condenser. Early trucks have the service port in the middle of the liquid line. Around 90 or 91 they moved the high side port close to the compressor manifold on the compressor discharge line as the liquid line was part of the low pressure side with the condenser mounted orifice tube. AC manifold hose for a 1991 will have the service port on it.

srpember

Reaction score
Try looking for your other service port on the small hard line that runs along the passenger inner fender
I don't have a service port on the liquid line. I could not find one for an 89 so I used one from a 90. That might be what my problem is. thank you

srpember

Reaction score
GM moved the high side service port when they moved the orifice tube to the condenser. Early trucks have the service port in the middle of the liquid line. Around 90 or 91 they moved the high side port close to the compressor manifold on the compressor discharge line as the liquid line was part of the low pressure side with the condenser mounted orifice tube. AC manifold hose for a 1991 will have the service port on it.
thank you