NV3500 to 700r4 swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
As for the ecu is their just a ecu for transmission an one just for the motor?
if so I could just grab the ecu and wiring harness for a 700r4 correct?

I thought the 700R4 was completely hydraulic and no electronics. The 4L60E is electronic, which replaced the 700R4. So I can not answer that question. I know 94 was the last for that transmission. I know the 95 that you have its a different computer setup I believe since its obd 1.5 and the 95 trucks can only use 95 transmissions. I'm not saying this is impossible, but I don't know.

Sent from Robl@and!

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See this is the reason I wanted to do the 700r4.
1.) Wouldn't have to deal with a ecu/wiring harness.
2.) Get to have an over drive.

lance

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so no ECU is needed that's what I wanted to here, so with me not needing a ECU an my truck being a manual I shouldn't have not codes pop up either correct?
As for parts list here's the new list.
1.) 700r4.
2. Torque Converter.
3. Torque Converter Lock Up Kit.
4.) Tv Cable.
5.) Dip Stick Tube.
6.) Shortened Driveshaft.
7.) Steering Column/Linkage.
8.) Crossmember.
9.) Flexplate.
10.) Trans. Cooler/Cooler Lines.
And a BIG thanks for the Information/Help fella's!!

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not sure if this applies to a chevy small block or not. :uhoh2: Will have to look into it further but.... On our Pontiac 400 motor with a manual transmission; we would need to remove the pilot bushing-pilot bearing on the end of the crankshaft to install an automatic. Simply because it would cause interference with the torque converter.