Not a build thread, but an engine gore thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saren42

Reaction score
Then why talk about it then? I didn't miss much. There are more ways than one to skin a cat, sell, part out , scrap one, sell the system, put the money into one to get it running. Focus on those priorities if the santa fe is a no-go.
So, this post wasn't looking for advice, just showing the carnage, I appreciate the advice that has been given in good faith and without condesention, but you have no idea the circumstances about anything else going on, and might not be a bad idea to take a step back. The only reason I was actually giving details on the Santa Fe further, was because people were asking and talking about it, which fair, given this thread was started witht he purpose of showing the blown up engine.

kthnxbai

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for clarifying the purpose of the thread, I didnt pick up on that either. I thought you were looking for some advice.

So your not planning on repairing the Santa Fe? What are you planning on doing then?

Saren42

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for clarifying the purpose of the thread, I didnt pick up on that either. I thought you were looking for some advice.

So your not planning on repairing the Santa Fe? What are you planning on doing then?
It depends, I may repair it, I may not, it's going to come down to what money I can get together, and if I can get another vehicle running, which I should be able to. If so, I will likely slowly work on the Santa Fe over time a bit, since the vehicle was useful, especially for trips to Costco, and my wife to Doordash with, since it's big enough, and enclosed.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, this post wasn't looking for advice, just showing the carnage, I appreciate the advice that has been given in good faith and without condesention, but you have no idea the circumstances about anything else going on, and might not be a bad idea to take a step back. The only reason I was actually giving details on the Santa Fe further, was because people were asking and talking about it, which fair, given this thread was started witht he purpose of showing the blown up engine.

kthnxbai
What started as showing the blown up engine reads like a synopsis of "My unfortunate events" along with your complaints.
Even a "rebuilt" is going to carry forward with it the design limitations and engineering shortcomings of the original design.

To each their own, and good luck to you.