No power to horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1994 1 ton Cheyenne RCLB Dually 6.5TD 2wd. It previously was a utility truck, PO cut and welded frame(poorly) and put a regular bed on. There are a few things with this truck I am slowly working out. One I cannot figure out is why the horn doesn't sound. The relay clicks when the button is pressed, and when wired directly to power the horn works.

From what I have read it is usually wired to the parking lamps fuse, which is fine as those have power. Only thing that confuses me, is on the junction box that has the relay , there is a section towards the top left that says "ORN" which may be "HORN" with a rubbed off H, or could be for an orange wire. Either way, nothing is plugged in there , as well as a ton of other spaces on that board.

Any help regarding my issue would be greatly appreciated, and yes i did google and search this specific forum for this issue, and have tried what others have suggested to no avail.

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the relay clicks then the problem is either the relay itself or the power going to the relay. Try swapping the relay or get a schematic and start tracing wires.

Reaction score
Updating this, I traced it to a burnt wire in the column. I just wired the horns to a toggle switch on the knee pad.