No Power Grey Wire to Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Factory tank with check ball in the filler neck, I assume? That's a tough one. I wonder if you could run a small hose down the vent tube, connected to a small electric pump.

Honestly, I think I would not drop the tank, but lift the bed. I've taken mine completly off, but guys have also just loosened bolts, and lifted one side and worked under it while it's safely secured.
Once fuel tank filler neck hose is removed I’ll have access.

Ron88

Reaction score
1- Truck no start yesterday/ramp trucked home.
2- Has spark/no fuel pressure(zero).
3-Replaced FP Relay, although both “click” when keyed on.
4- Ground wire from FP hanger cleaned/sanded frame and dielectric greased.
5- With keyed on, harness to fuel pump unplugged and using test light, middle purple wire(fuel gauge) has power, grey power to pump- no power.
6- Also, did the 30 to 87 jump with relay pulled, and still no pressure.
Don’t really want to drop tank yet, especially with 30 plus gallons in there.
You must be registered for see images attach

Such a sad sight.o_O
Didn't have time to read it all if this has been mentioned disregard it. put power direct to the grey wire at the pump connector.The wire maybe broken from the relay to the pump.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks Ron, but yeah, we’re beyond that. It’s the pump(surrounded by 30+ gallons :().
At least on a pickup you have the option to lift/remove the bed. SUVs, you have to drop the tank, and on a Burb that's 42 gallons! We siphoned 25 gallons out before dropping it, but there was still probably 10 gallons left that we couldn't get out( ran out of buckets!). Two floor jacks and four hands guiding it up and down.....

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have done hundreds of tanks in all of these trucks,both full and empty. On a pickup moving the bed out of the way is by far the easiest. The Suburbans and P vans just plain suck,empty or full.
So 4 men(no skinny jeans) can easily lift and move? Then some type of gunnage to store on?